Month 6 - Baby's development at 6 months (6 month old newborn)
- I’m starting to look for contact with you and react to your gestures and words.
- I’m becoming a little explorer and I’m more willing to react to my surroundings.
- My speedy physical development is accompanied by my intellectual development, so I will surprise you with my new abilities this month.
- I now need less time for sleep. The period of my activity will get longer due to the fact that I’m curious about my surroundings.
- When lying on my stomach, I’m starting to keep my head up in a stable position and confidently prop myself up on extended arms.
- I can swing back and forth and to the sides in a funny way when my torso and head are lifted up.
- I can shift my weight to one side while lying on my back and I might even succeed in rolling onto my stomach.
Week 21. - What is my baby development at 21 week ?
- I smile with joy and make sounds to make contact with you.
- While lying on my tummy, I can prop myself up using both arms and extend one of them to grab a toy.
- I’m discovering my body by touching my arms, thighs, and feet.
- I can twist my wrists when holding a toy to take a look at it from all sides.
- I like everything that makes sounds and has attractive, vibrant colours.
Week 22. - Newborn's 22. week - what to expect
- I can figure out what your mood is, when you’re happy or sad, and I try to respond to it.
- I’m efficient at rolling from my belly to my back.
- When you sit me down with your support at my back, I will hold my head in a stable position.
- I turn my head towards the stimuli.
- The movements of my legs are not limited to kicks. When in a sitting position, I pull them towards my belly.
Week 23. - What happens the 23. week after birth?
- When on my belly, I prop myself up on extended arms, putting my open palms on the ground. I will be able to turn my head to the sides in this position.
- I’m becoming more agile as I’m advancing to a higher level of motor development. I will actively kick my legs and I’m able to straighten them at the knees with my hips bent.
- To an extent, I can control my body’s movements. For example, I can lift my hips when you’re changing me.
- I grab things and put them in my mouth. I’m especially fond of paper and everything that rustles.
- My first teeth might start to come in. When you notice that my gums are a bit swollen, I salivate excessively, and put my hands in my mouth, it’s a sign that my first baby tooth will soon come in.
Week 24. - How is my baby development at 24 week?
- I might show signs of being ready to start my diet expansion.
- My ability to concentrate is increasing. I study different items longer than before and focus my eyes on the mouth of the person that’s speaking.
- I grab everything that is within my reach. If you observe me carefully, you will notice that I start grabbing things from the side of my little finger.
- I communicate with you using different sounds – squeals, screams, coos, as well as gestures, facial expressions, and crying, of course.
- When you lift my up under my arms, you will notice that I put my weight on my toes.