Week 11. - What happens the 11. week after birth?
- My range of emotions is constantly expanding. I will communicate my needs through different types of crying. You’re getting better at recognizing what each type means.
- I now need a lot of peace, routine, predictable activities, and the sense of safety.
- My sleeping patterns are slowly becoming more regular. You will soon be able to notice some rhythm in them. Unfortunately, I can’t promise you that it will stay that way.
- I intently listen to the sounds from my surroundings. I can hear and distinguish between different intonations.
- At this time you can hear velar sounds such as /g/, /k/, /ŋ/, as well as sounds resembling /r/. This is the stage of cooing so these particular sounds are random.