Week 19. - What happens the 19. week after birth?
- I open my mouth when I can see a signal encouraging me to eat. For example, when you move your breast closer to my mouth or when you give me the bottle.
- I exhibit the ability to grab items and I will gladly discover their different shapes and textures.
- I get tired of too much stimulation quickly. Although I’m active, don’t overload me with activities.
- I’m able to laugh and show my satisfaction. Being able to show happiness is a pivotal moment in my development.
- By putting things in my mouth I’m preparing to learn how to eat and reduce the gag reflex. My mouth is becoming desensitized when I put my hands in it.